Today I had a bit of a reality shock. When I started this process, I made friends who have had this surgery, I followed blogs, I watched ninety-hundred youtube videos...I did it all. Soooo with that, I learned that many people were given diets different than mine. They are able to go back to regular food just after 2 weeks....able to start eating mushies 5 days post op. My Doctor and nutritionist plan is way different. Since I am so hungry and having trouble getting used to the nastiness of protein shakes, I call my Doctor to see "how far I can push it." She scared the beeeejeeezuz out of me!!!! She was clear about the fact that if I eat anything more thick than tomato soup for the 1st 4 weeks I am putting myself at risk for a leak - possible death - having to be fed with a NG tube until my stomach heals. ALL NO BUENO! So, back to reality.....back to the liquids and patience. God help me!
On a positive note...15 pounds gone forever! I could not be happier!!!!!!
Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment