Well, here goes nothing! I have been meaning to start this blog weeks ago and well…you know….So, no more procrastinating! A little history about me, I am 39 years old and have been overweight most of my life. I am not sure if my weight led to my infertility problems or my infertility problems fueled my weight gain but I have suffered with both all my adult life. In 2007, I finally gave birth to a beautiful little girl who means everything to me. She is the absolute light of my life! Since she was born, my weight gain has kicked into full gear and I am currently, I am a whopping 265 pounds….I almost don’t want to post that because I feel ashamed. I honestly don’t think of myself as being that big….until I see myself in photos…I am always taken back by that.
Anyways, I made the decision to have the gastric sleeve, I feel like that is the best option for me at this point in my life. So far I have had the EGD procedure which found that I have a hiatal hernia that needs repair on the same day as my surgery, I have had the counseling and I have met a few cool people who have shared their stories with me. I have (as I am sure you have if you are having this surgery) poured over every written word on the internet about Gastric Sleeve, watched every youtube video…and, well, I am ready!
I am excited, thrilled, inspired, nervous, scared…..just a big ol’ ball of emotions, I am ready to get the show on the road……
Until next time..xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment